Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sadness

We got some really bad news about one of our school basketball coache's daughter Monday night. Her name is Laken, she is 8 years old and she went for a drive on her golf cart. The wheel came off and the golf cart flipped and she was stuck underneath it. This is a heart wrentching throb that won't go away. I think about her and her family all day. I have prayed for a miracle that I know my God can do. So I am asking you all to PRAY. Pray for her mom and dad, her two sisters, her grandparents, her friends, and her classmates. She is in my son's grade and every year she win's the citizenship of the year award in her class.
I sat in my tub tonight asking God to heal her and I found myself asking why ? Why do you give us these blessings when you know their future but then things like this happen ? Why can't you just fix things ? Why do we as christians have to suffer ? As I sat there asking these things, I also know my God is faithful and merciful. I know He is a God of peace. I know He NEVER makes mistakes. I may never understand why awful things happen but I will always love and serve Him.
I am asking you tonight to say a prayer for the Lumpkin family and in the coming days, For whatever God holds in His plan for them.
Thank you and God Bless,
Missy

No comments: