Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Proud Parents......





Eli and Jeshua had awards day at school on Tuesday and both of them got an award. Eli got Citizenship and all A's & B's
Jeshua go all B's award. We are so proud of them both.
I was on the mower this morning and I can do all whole lot of thinking and praying then. I was praying for my kids and I was thinking about this citizenship award Eli has gotten every year he has been in school. Aaron and Jeshua has also gotten this award several times; and that makes my heart proud. Out of all the awards they can get; this is the most honorable to me. This means they go beyond the call to help others with respect, good attitude and honesty. Thank you Lord for letting my kids find favor of the Lord on their life.
OK bare with me a minute. I have been asking the Lord what I can do to make our community a better place for our kids to grow up in and how I can give my life away to help make this happen. Well, I got angry thinking about what Satan offer's our kids and what we as christian's offer them. Satan uses people and places to draw our kids in: like people having parties for kids and letting them drink. The only rule is, you can not leave once you are here, lay your keys on the table and here is all the beer and drinks you want, we have a great pool, movie room and all you need right here, just don't drink and drive. Wow...thanks for that peace of mind. Then there are us who try and offer breakfast after prom, volleyball playing, swimming in our above ground pool but the thought of a better party is always hanging in the back of their mind. So what choice to you think a 15, 16, 17 year old is going to make? Well let me help you.....the other party !!!!!!!! I starting praying this week and asking the Lord what can I do????? So here is my committment to my children and my kids friends. I am going to be that vioce that won't go away. I am praying either the people that offer all this to our kids get saved.....OR move out of my community. Hey, if you are the big fish in a little pond, there is no growing room for you here. Move to that big city life you want. I am praying for our community leaders to stand up and do what is right and make good choices for our community. I am praying for the leaders of our country to make wise choices and for all God's people to make a stand for what is right. Pray people for salvation and pray for our kids. The choices they have to make this day is not choices we had to deal with. I want my kids to say I never did that or tried that or ever had to experience that.
I want to stand before God and say I did the best with what you gave me. I want to give my life away to make a difference in someone else's life. Make a stand....please, for what is right.......
Be a coach, vacation bible school helper, volunteer in a youth program, just get in and help change the lives of a child who may never have anyone pushing them in the right direction.
Ask the Lord what you can do to help change our community. Pray.....
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Mission To Macie said...

Congrats to Jesh and Eli!
Aunt Jill is proud too! Y'all are sweet sweet boys!

And preach it on sista! Amen to all that!

Monica said...

Great Job to Jesh and E !!! Love what you said and you're right.Stop doing,doing,doing and start being,being,being what he calles us to be in the earth for his people--LOVE...Kids need to see and hear Jesus when they see us cuz we are the reflection of him.Light in a dark world..

Anonymous said...

Jesh and Eli Good Job!!! I am proud of both of you.

Missy I am with you. Prayer warriors here we come. This is something I pray for in my quiet time as well. What can we do to make a difference in the lives of our youth. I will stand not behind you but right next to you side by side!!!!!

Our children are precious gifts from the Lord and we don't need the satans of the world taking that gift away by offering temporary satisfaction.

You are great Missy and let your voice be heard!!

Love ya,

Tammy